Research Interests/Publications/Conferences/Research Projects
|Specialization: Physical Chemistry
Research Areas/Areas of Expertise:
1. Detection and degradation of water pollutants of emerging concern.
2. Sustainable development goals related to health, environment and energy.
3. Conversion of CO2 to other products.
4. Zero carbon based renewable energy sources.
5. Electron transfer in biologically important molecules.
6. Nanosensors for Pharmaceutical Analysis.
7. Engineeing micellar core of surfactants for loading and release of hydrophobics.
Awards and Grants:
PAS Gold Medal in the discipline of Chemical Sciences (2021)
Best QAU researcher award as Gold Medal (2013)
A category Research Productivity Award (2015) from Pakistan Council of Science and Technology
Best Review paper award from Chemical Society of Pakistan
Tubitak Fellowship Award
5 National and 2 International Grants
Instrumentation Available (Focal Person):
Metrohm Autolab PGSTAT302N, equipped with FRA module and NOVA 1.11 software
Shimadzu 1601UV-vis Spectrophotometer
Book as an author and editor “New developments in nanosensors for pharmaceutical analysis” Elsevier Academic Press, Publication date, 22/5/2019
Supervised the thesis of 7 PhD and 31 MS students.