Name: Dr. Humaira Masood Siddiqi
Contact: +92 51 90642148
Ph.D, June 1997, Grade Highly appreciable, Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Lyon France
M.Phil, June1993, GPA 4.1 1st Div., Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad Pakistan
M.Sc. , Dec. 1990, GPA 3.8, 1st Div., Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad Pakistan
Field of Specialization: Polymers
Research Areas/Areas of Expertise:
- Synthesis and characterization of liquid crystal molecules.
- Synthesis and characterization of polymers and their Composite materials (epoxy amine based organic/inorganic hybrid Nanocomposites, Polyimides, biodegradable composites, and Polymer dispersed liquid crystals). Ru Dyes for DSSC, Nitrogen doped carbon materials, S doped carbon materials for energy harvesting etc.
Distinctions & Scholarships:
- 2nd position in school in Matric Board Exams 1984.
- 1st position in Physics in college during F.Sc 1984-86.
- 1st position in Islamic studies during B.Sc. 1986-88
- 3rd position in Aggregate in B.Sc 1986-88.
- 1st position in College in B.Sc. University Exams 1988.
- President’s Talent forming scheme scholarship UGC in M.Sc for 2 years.
- University merit scholarship in M.Phil for 2years.
- Science and technology Scholarship from Ministry of Science and Technology Pakistan (1993-97) for Ph.D. for 4 years.
Instrumentation Available (Focal Person):
Polarized Optical Microscope with hot stage
- Reaction Mechanism I
- Organic synthesis
- Natural products
- Special topics in Organic chemistry
- Modern trends in organic synthesis
- Special organic reactions
- Name reaction
- Chemistry of Heterocycles
- Organic polymer Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory II
- Organic chemistry practicals 3rd sem M.Sc.
- Advanced Organic Chemistry Practicals
- Phil: 42, four in progress
Ph.D: 11 completed, 6 in progress
Funded Research Projects:
|1.||Synthesis and Characterization some liquid crystalline molecules||URF
Project for the Department of Chemistry
|2.||Synthesis and characterization of some modified epoxy oligomers||URF Project for the Department of Chemistry|
|3.||Synthesis and characterization of some liquid crystalline molecules||PSF|
|4.||Synthesis and Characterisation of some epoxy based interpenetrating (O-I) hybrid polymer materials||URF
project for the Department of Chemistry
|5.||Synthesis of some novel ferrocene based mono and difunctional amines and their reaction with epoxy resin||URF Project for the Department of Chemistry|
|6.||Synthesis and Characterisation of some novel ferrocne containing materials||HEC|
|7.||Synthesis and charcterization of some ferrocenylamines, their benzene analogues and their reaction with commercial epoxy resins.||URF
Project for the Department of Chemistry
|8.||Synthesis and characterization of novel high temperature resistant materials||HEC|
|9||Synthesis and characterization of novel epoxy amine polymers||HEC|
|10||Synthesis and characterization of some p-alkoxy substituted diester derivatives of dihydroxyazoxybenzene||URF|
|11||Super-Toughened elastomeric coatings: Role of metal oxide nanoparticles in property enhancement||HEC|
|12||Synthesis and characterization of p-Allyloxy substituted bis-benzamides by using different conmmercial and synthesized diamines as potential monomers for polymerization reactions|
|13||Synthesis and physicochemical studies of some ferrocene based conducting materials and their organic analogues (20-2154/NRPU/R&D/HEC/12-3698||HEC|
|14||Synthesis and caharcterization of sulfone containing diamines and their polymers||URF deptt of chemistry|
|15||Design and synthesis of benzamide containing diamines , polymers and their graphene based poymer composites||URF deptt of chemistry|
|16||Design and synthesis of long alkyl chain based organometal p-erovskites and their photocatalytic activity||URF deptt of chemistry|
|17||Liquid crystals and TiO2 nanomaterials based nanosensors||URF deptt of chemistry|
|18||Synthesis of heterocyclic benzamides with flexible chains as surfactant and lyotropic mesogens||URF deptt of chemistry|
|19||Design, synthesis and characterization of novel thiophene based-regioregular polymers and evaluation of their opto-electronic ptoperties||URF deptt of chemistry|
|20||Computer guided design and synthesis of IL-2 inhibitors as immunomodulating agents
(Granted to originally to Prof.Dr.Farzana Latif Ansari but transferred to me for the last year only due to the retirement of PI
|21||Synthesis, characterization and application of organic photonic and electrochromic materials||HEC|
|22||Development of novel electrode and electrolyte material for fuel cell applications||HEC|
List of Research Publications:
- Investigation of thermal and fluorescent properties of benzoxazole-linked triphenylamine-based co-polyimides, Asma Iqbal, Maria Zubair, Humaira Masood Siddiqi*, O Ok Park*, Toheed Akhter ,Aamer Saeed, High Performance Polymers (2019),
Titania Laden Liquid Crystal Based Sensor as Photocatalyst, Nasir Majeed, Noor ul Amin, Farah Qazi, Humaira Masood Siddiqi, Zakir Hussain, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (2019) 19 (12), 7673-7678.
- Polymer-particulate composites with differential interfaces: synthesis, characterization, and mathematical modeling to evaluate interface-yield strength correlations, A Afzal, HM Siddiqi, S Sarwar, Z Rubab, A Mujahid , Colloid and Polymer Science, (2019) 297 (4), 545-556.
- Investigations into structure-property relationships of novel Ru (II) dyes with N, N′-Diethyl group in ancillary ligand for dye-sensitized solar cells, S Ashraf, R Su, J Akhtar, HM Siddiqi, A Shuja, KA Al-Saad, Siham Y Al-Qaradawi, Ahmed El-Shafei Dyes and Pigments (2019) 171, 107754.
- One step in situ synthesis of ZnS/N and S co-doped carbon composites via salt templating for lithium-ion battery applications, S Ikram, M Müller, S Dsoke, UA Rana, A Sarapulova, W Bauer, . Humaira M Siddiqi, Dorothée Vinga Szabó, New Journal of Chemistry (2019) 43 (33), 13038-1304.
- Enhanced Dielectric Constant, Ultralow Dielectric Loss And High Strength Imide-Functionalized Graphene Oxide/Hyperbranched Polyimide Nanocomposites. Asma Iqbal, Seok Hwan Lee, Humaira Masood Siddiqi*, O Ok Park*, Toheed Akhter*. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, ACS, (2018), 122,6555-6565.
- 4-Quinolin-8-yloxy linked triphenylamine based polyimides : Blue light emissive and potential hole transport materials, Asma Iqbal, Naila Khalid, Humaira M. Siddiqi, O. Ok Park & Toheed Akhter, Journal of Fluorescence, (2018),28(1), 311-321.
- Design and characterization of novel bis-benzamide liquid crystalline materials, Asma Iqbal, Humaira Masood Siddiqi, Zareen Akhter, Muhammad Qaiser Fatmi, Journal of Molecular Structure (2018), 1151, 135-141.
- Influence of brominated-TPA-stilbazole based ancillary ligand on the photocurrent and photovoltage in dye-sensitized solar cells, S Ashraf, R Su, J Akhtar, HM Siddiqi, A El-Shafei, Dyes and Pigments (2018), 150, 347-353.
10. Design, synthesis and liquid crystalline behavior of ethyl 4-((4-alkoxyphenyl)diazenyl)benzoates ,Hasnain Mehmood, Zahoor Ahmad, Tashfeen Akhtar, Humaira M. Siddiqi, Asma Iqbal, Shahid Hameed & Muhammad N. Tahir , Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, (2018) 664:1, 14-23.
11. “Layer by layer fabrication of nacre inspired epoxy/MMT multilayered composites” Rohama Gill, Muhammad Arshad, Humaira Masood Siddiqi, Shahid Saeed Qureshi, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, (2018) 135 (14), 46079.
- Thermally stable epoxy polymers from new tetraglycidyl amine-based,
Resin, Synthesis and characterization” Humaira Masood Siddiqi · Amna Siraj · Naila Khalid,· Zareen Akhtar · Muhamma Zia Ul Haq Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, (2018), 132 (1), 205-214.