Name: Dr. Safeer Ahmed
Department of Chemistry, Quaid-i-Azam University, 45320, Islamabad., Pakistan.
- Post Doctorate from Department of Chemistry, University of Bath, Bath, UK, (July 2012- April 2013).
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry in March 2008 from Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
Physical Chemistry- Electrochemistry
Research Areas/Areas of Expertise: Electrochemistry, photovoltaics and advanced materials (nanomaterials )
Instrumentation Available (Focal Person): Electrochemical workstations, including impedance measurements, solar simulator
- Modulating defect density of NiO hole transport layer via tuning interfacialoxygen stoichiometry in perovskite solar cells. Muhammad Irfan Haider, Azhar Fakhruddin, Safeer Ahmed, Muhammad Sultan, Lukas Schmidt-Mende. Solar Energy Vol. 233, pp. 326–336 (2022). (IF=5.742).
- Improved Photoelectrochemical Performance of Chemically Grown Pristine Hematite Thin Films. Saima Qureshi, Duncan H. Gregory, Asif Ali Tahir, Safeer Ahmed. Journal of Electronic Materials 51, pp. 652–669 (2022). (IF=1.938).
- Synthesis, structural analysis, electrochemical and magnetic properties of tetrachloroferrate ionic liquids. Anham Zafar, Imtiaz-ud-Din., Safeer Ahmed, Dejan-Krešimir Bučar, Muhammad Nawaz Tahir and Robert G. Palgrave. New J. Chem., 45, pp.13429-13440 (2021). (IF=3.591). https://doi.org/10.1039/D1NJ01400E
- ZIF-67 Derived MnO2 Doped Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction. Usman Salahuddin, Naseem Iqbal, Tayyaba Noor, Saadia Hanif, Haider Ejaz, Neelam Zaman and Safeer Ahmed. Catalysts, Vol. 11(1), pp.92 (1-14) (2021) (IF=3.520). https://doi.org/10.3390/catal11010092
- Poly(styrene-co-acrylonitrile) Gel Electrolyte for Dye-sensitized Solar Cells with Improved Photoelectrochemical Performance. Sadia Shahbaz, Asif Ali Tahir, Tapas Kumar Mallick, Idris Al Siyabi, Bandar Alfaifi and Safeer Ahmed. New J. Chem., 44, pp. 20212-20221 (2020). (IF=3.288) https://doi.org/10.1039/D0NJ04318D
- Yttrium Doped Copper (II) Oxide Hole Transport Material as Efficient Thin Film Transistor” by Sadia Baig; Pankaj Kumar; Jenner Ngai; Yuning Li; Safeer Ahmed. ChemPhysChem 21, pp. 895-907 (2020). (IF=3.077) https://doi.org/10.1002/cphc.202000005
- Yttrium-doped CuSCN thin film transistor: synthesis and optoelectronic characterization study. Sadia Baig, Arthur D. Hendsbee, Pankaj Kumar, Safeer Ahmed * and Yuning Li. Journal of Material Chemistry. C, 7, pp. 14543—14554 (2019). (IF=6.641) DOI: 10.1039/c9tc05371a
- Excellent electrochemical performance of SrZrO3 nanorods as supercapacitor electrode in aqueous electrolytes. Nasreen Bibi Mian Zahid Hussain, Shahid Hussain, Safeer Ahmed, Iqbal Ahmad,Shaowei Zhang, Azhar Iqbal, Applied Surface Science 495, pp.143587, (2019). (IF=5.155) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2019.143587
- DNA binding interaction studies of flavonoid complexes of Cu(II) and Fe(II) and determination of their chemotherapeutic potential. Erum Jabeen, Naveed Kausar Janjua, Safeer Ahmed, Iftikhar Tahiri, Muhammad Kashif, Aneela Javede, Inorganica Chimica Acta Vol. 496, pp.119048 (2019). (IF=2.433) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2019.126903
- Electrochemical determination of antioxidant activity and HPLC profiling of some dry fruits. Haji Muhammad, Iftikhar Ahmad Tahiri, Muhammad Qasim, Muhammad Ali Versiani, Muddasir Hanif, Bilquees Gul, Syed Tahir Ali, Safeer Ahmed. Monatshefte für Chemie – Chemical Monthly, Vol.150, pp.1195–1203 (2019). (IF=1.501) https://doi.org/10.1007/s00706-019-02441-3.
- First International conference on General Chemistry-From Fundamentals to Applications. Jointly organized by COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) and Karakoram International university Gilgit Baltistan, at department of Chemistry CUI, Islamabad Pakistan. Presentation (Invited speaker talk) Electrochemical Sensing of Azo Dyes on Modified Electrodes. (10-11 February 2022).
- 3rd International Conference on Chemical Engineering ICCE2021, Venue: (Hybrid: Mehran university Jamshoro, Organized by: Chemical Engineering Department, Mehran University of Engineering and Technology Jamshoro, Pakistan. Presentation: Al doped Ba based Y-Type Hexaferrites for Electrochemical Applications. (22-23 September 2021).
- International workshop on Nanomaterials for Energy Conversing, Emerging Photovoltaics and Optoelectronic Technologies. Jointly organized by National Centre for Physics (NCP), Quaid-i-Azam university Campus Islamabad, Pakistan and University of Konstanz, Germany. Presentation: (Invited speaker talk) “Synthesis and Electrochemical Characterization of Hematite Based Electrodes for Water Splitting”. (October, 7-9, 2019).
- Three day conference “Nanomaterials: New Trends in Development and Applications” organized by Departments of Chemistry and Pharmacy, Forman Christian College (A chartered University) Lahore, Pakistan. Presentation: (Invited speaker talk) “Electrochemistry on Nanomaterials- Preface and some case studies”. (January, 29-31, 2019).
|Course||Code and credits||Level|
|Basic Math for Chemistry||CH-050 (2)||M.Sc. – I|
|Physical Chemistry-I||CH-351 (3)||M.Sc. – I|
|Physical Chemistry-II||CH-353 (3)||M.Sc. – II|
|Electrochemistry||CH-462 (2)||M.Sc. – III|
|Surface Chemistry||CH-464 (2)||M.Sc. – III|
|Nuclear and Radiation Chemistry||CH-456 (2)||M.Sc. – IV|
|Chemical Kinetics||CH-451 (3)||M.Sc. – IV|
|Quantum Chemistry||CH-452 (3)||M.Sc. – IV|
|Physical Chemistry-I for BS||CH-304(03)||BS V|
|Advanced Chemical Kinetics||CH-664(3)||M.Phil/PhD|
|Photovoltaics and Solar cells||CH-683(3)||M.Phil/PhD|
|Electroanalytical Methods and Techniques||CH-682(3)||M.Phil/PhD|