Name: Dr. M. Naveed Zafar
Designation: Tenured Associate Professor
Ph.D with Doctoral Award, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, 2011.
“Development of New Ligands for Homogenous Transition Metal Catalysts”
With Prof. Dr. Leonard James Wright.
M.Phil with First Position in Chemistry and Awarded Chancellor’s Medal, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, 2006.
“Synthesis and Characterization of Suitable Precursors for CVD of Mixed Metal Oxides”
With Prof. Dr. M. Mazhar.
MSc with First Position in Inorganic/Analytical Chemistry Section, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, 2004.
Specialization: Inorganic Chemistry
Research Areas/Areas of Expertise:
(1) Homogeneous Catalysis (Energy, Green and Sustainable Chemistry): Synthesis of Transition metal based catalysts for:
- C-C coupling reactions (Particularly Heck and Suzuki), C-H and C-F activation.
- Grubb’s Metathesis, Polymerization and Oligomerization of olefins.
- Water Splitting (HER, WOC), CO2 reduction to fuels.
(2) Supra-molecular Chemistry (Coordination Chemistry and Organometallics)
- Design, synthesis and study of molecular machines such as molecular switches or shuttles.
- New acyclic and macrocyclic ligands that can activate bound substrate molecules both through interactions with the metal centers and strategically placed functional groups on the ligand backbone.
(3) Bio-Inorganic Chemistry: Synthesized and characterization of biologically active molecules and their interaction studies.
(4) Material Chemistry: Synthesized and characterization of suitable precursors for CVD of mixed metal oxides.
Awards and Grants:
MSc First Position in Inorganic/ Analytical Chemistry
MPhil First Position in Chemistry (Chancellor’s Gold Medal)
PhD Doctoral Award
NRPU Research Grants 2013, 2015, 2017 (Received from President at President House) and 2019
PSF Research Grant: 2013
URF: 2017, 2018 and 2019
Dalton Transactions (RSC) 2014
Dalton Transactions (RSC) 2019
BS: Transition Metal Chemistry, Electroanalytical Techniques, Organometallics and Coordination Chemistry